To celebrate in March, World of Coffee in Good Spirits two-time champion created an Irish coffee recipe with a twist to showcase Difference Coffee’s Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee. The sweet, rich, nutty flavours of the coffee are the perfect complement to the other ingredients and heady rum, which should ideally be a Jamaican brand.
Blue Mountain Jamaica Coffee: Jamaica-infused Irish coffee recipe
A twist on an Irish coffee using ingredients inspired by Jamaican flavours. An intense and luxurious warming drink.
- 1 capsule of Jamaica Blue Mountain
- 25ml dark rum (ideally Jamaican)
- 15ml muscovado sugar syrup (1:1)
- 50ml boiling water
- Double cream
- Brew Jamaica Blue Mountain capsule into pre-heated heat-resistant glass.
- Add rum, muscovado sugar syrup and boiling water and stir.
- Shake double cream until slightly thickened but not stiff.
- Pour over spoon onto top of drink.
About Dan Fellows
Among many achievements throughout his career in the coffee business, Dan Fellows is most notably a two-time winner of the World of Coffee in Good Spirits Championship (in 2018 and 2019), and the UK Barista Champion in 2016. He has worked as a barista, barista trainer and on the wholesale side. Fellows regularly runs masterclasses teaching his exceptional skills with coffee cocktails.